EastEnders fans slam nurse's dangerous mistake after Peter Beale hospital dash
EastEnders viewers were stunned over an error made by a nurse on the BBC soap on Tuesday, as Peter Beale needed medical attention.
The son of Ian Beale was trying to impress Ash Panesar with a striptease that went very wrong.
After stripping nude, Peter ran around the square in a cape to try and win her affections.
But Peter tripped over on some rubbish, landing on the floor and hitting his head on the pavement.
He was knocked out by the incident, before being taken home as he regained consciousness.
Ash tried to get him to go to the hospital to be checked over, but he refused until he collapsed.
After arriving, Peter was placed in a neck brace as he was checked over for injuries by the staff.
Peter was in a lot of pain and was shown crying out for some pain relief, with a nurse revealing she would give him some morphine.
Just as she went to put the dose into the syringe, she was called away by another nurse who said there had been an emergency.
Peter was in agony as she walked away, and begged pal Ash, a nurse at the hospital, to administer the morphine for him instead.
Having been drinking and off duty Ash refused, until Peter continued to cry out in pain.
Ash soon found herself in trouble when another nurse entered the room, and realised what she had done - suspending her immediately.
But viewers were more alarmed over the dangerous mistake of the other nurse, who just left a bottle of morphine on the side, as well as the fact she left the patient in pain.
With it easily accessible, fans called out the error with one tweeting: "Just leave the morphine unattended."
Another agreed: "No way would any nurse leave the morphine just like that."
A third added: "As if a nurse would just leave a patient without giving them pain relief. How unprofessional."
EastEnders airs Mondays and Fridays at 8pm, and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One.